Celebrate This Blog!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Completing a Series

There is something to be said for the satisfaction of finishing a series -- either reading or writing. I love reading a series, turning the last page of the last book, and everyone is happy and together.

I also have found I love writing a series. Second Chances is my first. When I started Divorce, Interrupted I had no plans to write a series. I thought DI would be a stand-alone book about a divorced couple discovering there was still some fire left in their hearts. Then I got an idea for the second book. How about a couple that found I trust you is even harder to say than I love you? Even before I started Someone To Trust I had the idea in my head for the last book, A Family Again. How hard must it be to get out of prison and put your family back together again? Thus, AFA was born.

A Family Again is almost done. I love Daniel and Megan Kirby and their daughter Daisy. I was never going to write a romance with a child in the story but Daisy tugged at my heart and demanded her parents story.

There is a feeling of completion of seeing a germ of an idea become not just one book, but three. Once A Family Again is released I'll be working on bundling the three books as a boxed set and putting them into paperback. Another new adventure for me and I hope, my readers.

Divorce, Interrupted and Someone To Trust are still 99 cents each and available at Amazon, BN.com, and Smashwords.

A Family Again is coming soon from all vendors too.

Divorce, Interrupted
Newly-divorced Todd and Lisa Miller are stranded at their mountain cabin. There to divide a lifetime of memories, they soon are in danger from more than the anger between them. A vicious storm forces them to rely on each other to survive.

Can they trust the one person they lost belief in? Or are their hearts in danger from more than floods and frigid weather?


Someone To Trust
Evie Grimes doesn’t trust men. She’s been lied to and deceived too many times before. Happily single, the last thing she needs is a man.

Brady Jackson is a former Marine. Now a carpenter, he is as honest as the day is long. What you see is what you get.

When Brady falls for Evie he will have to prove he can be trusted with her heart. When danger arrives at her door he will have to prove he can be trusted to protect her. When everyone turns against him, he will have to prove he is someone to trust.

Divorce, Interrupted   Amazon   BN.com   Smashwords
Someone To Trust      Amazon   BN.com   Smashwords
A Family Again          Coming Soon!

Jill James










7 comments:

  1. Jill, I'm involved in a series WIP and love building the world. Thanks for sharing your take on series--came at a good time for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill, I really admire you. I have never been able to write a series. I get too impatient in closing all loops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Jill, on completing your series. I too like writing series AND reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline, good luck on your series. I enjoyed living in my fictional Lake Willowbee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mona, I didn't think I could write a series either and it didn't start out that way. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joan, thanks. I love reading series too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a series, too! This one sounds awesome!

      Delete