Celebrate This Blog!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Step Back 40,000 Years. Riley's Journey by P. L. Parker

Ancient history has always been a favorite of mine! The veil surrounding the far past is a dark one, opening so seldom and it seems like every time the scientists have it pegged, something new crops up and the timeline changes. Several of my stories are the result of watching the Discovery Channel. A wealth of fascinating information rests within those viewings. The discovery of Otzi the Iceman in the Alps bordering Austria and Italy sparked the beginnings of my journey 40,000 years ago. 

Early humans were hunter/gatherers. What animals existed in that time and place and which were predators and which were prey? In Riley’s Journey, the adversaries were the aggressive Cro-Magnon and their influx into the primitive Neanderthals’ territory. 

Research into primordial Earth is fascinating. Cave bears, saber-toothed cats and giant sloths were just a few of the many creatures who have suffered from the effects of evolution along with the giantmegaloceros (elk), the wooly mammoths and the wooly rhinoceros.
For more information, the following sites are good reading for all ages:

Riley’s Journey by P. L. Parker

Blurb:

Finally, he broke the silence. "Aren't you going to say
anything?"
"What do you expect me to say? Thank you? If even a
small part of what you say is true, then I'm stuck here for
eternity with a guy I don't even know, in a place I hate and
with no future. Yeah, I guess that comes under 'thank you!'"
She rubbed her hands across her face. This was a nightmare!
And not for a minute did she believe what he told her, at least
not most of it. The guy was probably crazy, but if he was
crazy, she must be too, because she had seen that bunch of
strange looking humans and they didn't look like any people
existing in her world.
"I'm really sorry. I didn't know Bethany would go this far. I
made the mistake of saying at the drop point that I didn't
think I would be able to last here alone much longer. She
must have heard it." His face was a mask of regret.
"And that's supposed to make it all better?"
"I don't know what else to say. I'm sorry. I wish I could
change the outcome, but there's nothing I can do. Maybe, if
nothing else, they'll be able to figure out a way to bend time
back so we can go home."
"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but one of the things
I noticed while I was at the facility was that it was really
understaffed and it looked like it was being closed down.

99 cents on sale at Amazon:


Patsy
P. L. Parker
www.plparker.com
www.plparker.blogspot.com


7 comments:

  1. Patsy, I would not like to go back 40,000 years, but I love your gorgeous cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After all the research, neither would I :). Thanks Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fascinating story, P.L. You should do well with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 40,000 years back. I admire the research you must have done to sustain the plot. What a fantastic imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fascinating time travel,and a gorgeous cover!

    Morgan Mandel
    http://facebook.com/morgan.mandel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing that you conceived this story! Fab cover.

    ReplyDelete