Celebrate This Blog!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Would you kill to protect someone you love?

Did he or didn't he? That is the main question in Someone To Trust Book 2 in my Second Chances series. Evie Grimes' abusive ex-husband is found dead mere feet from her back door. Did her new love, former Marine Brady Jackson do the deed and do away with the stalker in his girlfriend's life?

Sometimes trust is even more important in a relationship than love. Evie has spent 5 years of her life on the run from her ex Mark Trudeau. When he is killed at the lake she has to dig deep to decide; does she truly know Brady Jackson or is your intuition about men as faulty as ever?


Evie Grimes doesn’t trust men. She’s been lied to and deceived too many times before. Happily single, the last thing she needs is a man.

Brady Jackson is a former Marine. Now a carpenter, he is as honest as the day is long. What you see is what you get.

When Brady falls for Evie he will have to prove he can be trusted with her heart. When danger arrives at her door he will have to prove he can be trusted to protect her. When everyone turns against him, he will have to prove he is someone to trust.

Available at Amazon, BN.com, and Smashwords for just 99 cents.





March 4th - 10th, 2012 is Read an E-Book Week
Book 1 Divorce, Interrupted is FREE for the week at Smashwords. Go to the book page http://tinyurl.com/3pbwmkm and put the discount code in at checkout: RE100

Enjoy the week! Read and E-Book!!

Jill James
www.jilljameswrites.com

7 comments:

  1. Jill, we never know what we could do until faced with the situation, but I think I could kill to protect loved ones. Thought provoking question!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cover! As to would I or wouldn't I - yes, I would to protect someone I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline and P.L., thanks for the comments. I would do anything to protect my loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a cop who spoke at Mystery Writers of America luncheon once said: "Anyone can kill if they have the right motivation." I think he was right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joan, so true about motivation. Just finished a Lisa Gardner book. Boy, was that mom motivated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who knows? I can't kill a fly, but to protect my granchildren if they are threatened, I may.

    ReplyDelete