Celebrate This Blog!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

JASON'S ANGEL--A CIVIL WAR ROMANCE

Today, I’m blogging about my one of my most recent releases, JASON’S ANGEL. In case this title

sounds familiar to you, the story was previously released in A HISTORICAL COLLECTION, a Victory Tales Press anthology.


I’m excited about JASON'S ANGEL being released as a “stand alone” story, selling at only .99! I’m giving away two copies of JASON’S ANGEL over the next two days! Please leave a comment along with your contact info and you will be entered—it’s that simple.


Jason’s Angel takes on several issues with the society of that time. The story takes place just as the War Between the States is winding down. Jason wears Union blue, but speaks with a Georgia accent. To make things even more difficult, he’s half Cherokee, half Scottish! When he’s wounded and winds up at a Confederate hospital, there’s only one thing kind-hearted Sabrina Patrick can do…


Writing Jason’s Angel wasn’t easy. My conundrum was the fact that for me, the Civil War was such a tragic time in our history that I wasn’t sure if I could see that my characters reached their “Happily Ever After” ending that I wanted them to have. The only way I could see to do that in this case was to make Sabrina Patrick’s compassion so great that she saw beyond all boundaries of gray or blue, and didn’t think of the hero, Jason McCain, as the enemy, but first as a wounded man who needed her help.


Since Jason and another fellow Union soldier had been captured and are being held in the hospital

where Sabrina volunteers, she knows that they will both die of their wounds if she doesn’t do something more than let nature run its course in those deplorable conditions. There is nothing she can do but bring them home, away from the inhumane treatment they are receiving from their guard and even from some of the hospital staff. No one is more surprised than her Aunt Emmaline, who is none to happy with Sabrina’s decision.


The only thing that could make matters worse is to find out that not only is Jason wearing Yankee Blue, he’s a southern boy, born and bred in Georgia—only a few miles from where Sabrina’s home is situated. What could make him fight for the Union? As Sabrina finds out more about Jason’s devastating past, she begins to understand. Because he is half Cherokee, his family has been shunned, and unimaginable tragedy has followed. Can his restless soul find peace in Sabrina’s sweet love for him?


I will leave you with a blurb and excerpt from JASON’S ANGEL.


BUY LINK: Cheryl's Amazon author page:
http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B002JV8GUE



Jason 's Angel by Cheryl Pierson

Two wounded Union soldiers will die without proper treatment. Sabrina Patrick realizes they won't get it at the Confederate army hospital where she helps nurse wounded men. She does the unthinkable and takes them to her home.

Jason McCain’s pain is eased by the feel of clean sheets, a soft bed, and a touch that surely must belong to an angel. But what reason could an angel have for bringing him and his brother here?

EXCERPT FROM JASON'S ANGEL:
It was only a brief touch of their lips, Sabrina told herself, and should not have caused the waves of trembling heat to rush over her. His lips were firm and strong. And she kissed him back.
He’d reached up and gently pulled her to him. As if he’d sensed her concern over Desi being in the room, he’d glanced to where she sat talking to Eli, once more engrossed in conversation, and when Sabrina had started to protest, he’d squeezed her shoulder in silent reassurance. And she had kissed him back.

He’d been so gentle and—oh Lord, had Eli seen that kiss? She had responded heartily to his brother. She had not pushed Jason away or protested in the least. She had welcomed it. There was no doubt for either of them. She had definitely kissed him back.

As she pulled away, she opened her lids to find him watching her. His dark eyes smoldered with desire. But it didn’t scare her. It excited her.

Good Lord. She stood quickly, her head spinning so that she almost missed her first step toward the door. When had she last eaten? That had to be the cause of her unsteadiness. But why was her heart pounding so frantically? It was only a kiss. One kiss.

But she had kissed him back.


Remember to leave a comment and your contact info to be entered to win one of two copies of JASON'S ANGEL to be given away on Sunday evening!

20 comments:

  1. Cheryl, your story struck home with me! My father's ancestor's came from Georgia and were part Cherokee. They fought in the Civil War, and one was wounded, one died, and one became ill. I wrote a story set then in NW GA, loosely based on them, and suspect you also had family history as your inspiration. I look forward to reading this story. So far, my favorute of your books is KANE'S REDEMPTION. Did I get the title right? I'm terrible with titles, even though I remember this book quite well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Caroline!
      Yes, just about everything I write historically has some kind of "history" in my family or from someone I know of, here in Oklahoma/Texas. I have an aunt who does genealogy and has uncovered some fascinating things--I'm so interested, but there are only so many hours in the day! LOL As for Kane's Redemption, I'm so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed it so much. I really had doubts about that story and how well it would do, but I've had good response. The 2nd in the series will be out in June. Thanks so much for letting me know!
      Cheryl

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the 99cents eBooks blog, Cheryl. We hope it will bring you many sales. Lovely book cover and great excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks so much, Mona! I'm so glad to be here, and will send you my info soon. Karen M. Nutt did my cover. I love it too! Thanks for the warm welcome!
      Cheryl

      Delete
  3. Hi Cheryl,

    Just stopped by to say JASON'S ANGEL is SOOO GOOD! After reading the excerpt I'm going to have to get on the kindle and read it again!

    No need to put me in the drawing, but I recommend to those who don't win it, slap your money down for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kirsten!
      WOW, thank you so much for that ringing endorsement! LOL I appreciate that, girlfriend, and I'm so so glad you enjoyed that excerpt. I'm excited to be at your blog on Wednesday!
      Cheryl

      Delete
  4. I've read Jason's Angel and I loved it. One of the things that still resonates with me is how people mistreat others. That's a good thing, when you can call a story to mind that you read a while ago. Great job, Cheryl. Hope you sell a ton of these. Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie, thank you so much. That praise is very high, coming from you! I loved that story, and it's one of those I've thought about revisiting and making into a longer book-length tale. One of these days...maybe...LOL
      Cheryl

      Delete
  5. Beautiful cover, Cheryl. Looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy!
      Thank you so much. This is one of my favorite covers. Karen M. Nutt did this for me.
      Cheryl

      Delete
  6. I love Civil War stories, Cheryl, especially when there is personal conflict between north and south, which must have happened so many times and in so many families. Can't wait to read Jason's Angel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula,
      Can't you just imagine how awful those times must have been--brother against brother, neighbor against neighbor? It had to be so very hard for everyone. And this story is about a young man who has a secret, and something that stands between him and southern society in more than one way. Of course, he's going to find his HEA! I wouldn't have it any other way! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting. I appreciate it, and I'm entering you in the drawing for tomorrow night.
      Cheryl

      Delete
  7. Hey! I could have sworn I commented on this, but I guess I'm dreaming. I do wish you tons of success with it--you're sure doing a great job of promoting it!
    I have a JT shot chose for Kat and the U.S.Marshal--JT in it looks just like Diego, and the girl looks like my Kat! Perfect.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Celia, maybe it was when you commented on FB to my post about being over here today. Oh, I love those JT shots, too. Don't know how we lived without him, do you?LOL
      Cheryl

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. THANK YOU CELIA! You are a dear friend!
      Cheryl

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! I love it, too--can't say enought good about Karen Nutt and her artistic (and writing!) abilities!
      Cheryl

      Delete
  10. PAULA AND KATHY, you are my winners for JASON'S ANGEL!!! WHOO HOO!!! PLEASE SEND ME YOUR E-mail ADDRESS TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE!

    CONGRATULATIONS!
    CHERYL

    ReplyDelete