Celebrate This Blog!

Monday, July 23, 2012

A Walk in the Clouds by: Stephanie Burkhart


Mind you, I'm not a big Keenu Reeves fan, but when I saw "A Walk in the Clouds," I just fell in love with that movie.


I loved the setting – San Francisco and California wine country. San Francisco is classic with the iconic Golden Gate Bridge and the huge bay. There's always something happening there. The bridge lends itself as a romantic image of the city. The vineyards are a natural romantic as well, portraying the rare beauty of nature. The amazing landscapes of the movie shot an arrow straight to my heart.




I liked the characters in the movie – a soldier trying to find his way, and a heroine struggling to define her identify. I drew on these elements when I sat down to write my latest 99 cent story – Journey of the Heart.



Set in Sonoma, CA, it's 1946. James DiMera fought for his country in World War II, but when he comes back, he discovers he's lost his farm. Rachel Santori has lost her family to the war and she's about to lose her winery. Dare she trust her future to a man who is a drifter?




4, 5 Star Amazon Reviews.
I would recommend this short sweetie of a story. Good job, author. – AngelE, Amazon Reader.

Excerpt:
"Your case threatened to run away, so I bribed it." Her sweet expression was an arrow through his heart.

"Really? What did you bribe it with?" He wiped the sweat off his brow with a handkerchief, caused from a combination of the summer heat and lifting the heavy cases.

"A job."

He hooked his thumb toward his chest. "Are you offering me a job, Miss Santori?"

BUY LINK: http://amzn.com/B008G1JI6C


12 comments:

  1. I've never seen "A Walk in the Clouds," but now I want to. :) Your book looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ladies, thanks with your patience with me today. I got a headache and it hit me suddenly. Took a 3 hour nap and had to call in from work. I'm feeling a tad better, but the headache hasn't gone away completely.

      Patty, let me know if you see the movie. I loved the plot, the setting, the rich landscapes, but I would have prefered another actor other than Keenu Reeves. Maybe they'll do a remake with Colin Farrel? hehe

      Bad Joke.
      Smiles
      Steph

      Delete
  2. I've never seen "A walk in the Clouds," but I read your "Journey of the Heart" and highly recommend this sweet story full of emotion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... Mona, thank you much. I'm so glad you enjoyed the story.
      Smiles
      Steph

      Delete
  3. Stephanie, this story has everything going for it IMO. I loved "A Walk In The Clouds" and also loved Keanu Reeves in "The Lake House." I love the CA wine country and look forward to reading your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caroline, I loved Keenu in Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure and he was okay in Speed, but for me, he didn't feel like the right fit for this movie, but that was all right - the romance of the movie just swept me away.

      Smiles
      Steph

      Delete
  4. What a great story premise! Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, now I must disagree with you about Keanu Reeves. I think he's one of the most underrated actors around.

    I liked A Walk in the Clouds, but I adored The Lake House.

    Also, he was the younger man to Diane Keaton's older woman in Something's Gotta Give. He was adorable! Unbelievable that Keaton's character chose Nicholson over the handsome young doctor played by Keanu.

    A wine country setting in Journey of the Heart? What's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I have a new book to add to my stack and a movie to find. You are so not fair! I know I will adore your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... Mary. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the movie - and the story.
      Smiles
      Steph

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a lovely film. I've not heard of it so I'll have to check it out. Sounds like wonderful inspiration for your story.

    ReplyDelete