Celebrate This Blog!

Friday, August 3, 2012

Where nothing ever happens...

When you look at high rise buildings who do you imagine behind the concrete walls?

Usually retired couples with a comfortable, uneventful life; young families with two small kids in vacations for a week or two; aging widows or widowers painfully walking with walkers or slouched in wheelchairs pushed by aids; teenagers and pretty young women lounging around in their skimpy bikinis and ogled by the over-the-hill male population.

And then there are those odd couples or singles of all ages, who love the ocean and the beach. They live year round in their condos and don’t mingle too much because they work during the day and have their own social life after work.

A high rise is a nice and quiet neighborhood where nothing ever happens, as you’ve often heard some neighborhoods described in newspapers... before you’re slammed with an unexpected story.

My book is about one of these stories.

Coming soon at Amazon.com



High Rises are like large families where members face love, hate, meddling, and gossiping. When the neighbor who was harassing her is found dead in the Jacuzzi, Alexa is a suspect.

Can she count on her neighbors for help? Dante, the lawyer she loves, a mafioso’s grandson; Greg, her overbearing ex-husband who is trying to keep her to himself; Julia, her former friend, the victim’s ex-wife, who blames Alexa for her husband’s infidelity; Dianna, the ex-husband’s new girlfriend; Tom, the widow’s secret lover; Carter, the victim’s partner and roommate…

All dear neighbors who may help save Alexa…or incriminate her.

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great story, Mona. As a condo dweller for several years, I know that condo living is a world within a larger world. I wish you success with this book. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful Mona! can't wait to read it!!!
    The Melrose of condos huh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the kind of environment I always wonder about. So many windows, so many stories behind them. Great stuff, Mona!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never lived in a condo but reading Neighbours and More gave me a good idea of what it is like. This is a great story and I'm sure it will be popular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, good to see you here. I have been living in condos in two different buildings. There is the good and then there is the bad! I may blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Mary, I was trying to look for a comparison. The Melrose is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, you can't believe the number of windows. There aren't enough walls to hang my picture frames. Also the outside walls are in concrete so you can't drill holes there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Helen, I hope and plan to upload it on Monday or Tuesday. Now I am trying to think about the next in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds compelling.
    Great cover, as usual!

    Morgan Mandel
    http://morgansbooklinks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Morgan. I think I am going to keep this cover. I've been changing covers with my other books. Still I wonder if the red-orange color is ok or if a blue would be better for the title?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You sure piqued my interest! Can't wait for the new book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like Mona has done it again! Another book to add to my "stack".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mona, you're an amazingly prolific writer. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joan, you made my day. I hope you'll enjoy my new story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, Mary, please, and a review too. They are so important. After this book I'm taking a month off to read too, and review.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Caroline, I wish I could type faster. Typing with one hand is not the efficient thing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice information, many thanks to the author. It is incomprehensible to me now, but in general, the usefulness and significance is overwhelming. Thanks again and good luck!

    ReplyDelete