Celebrate This Blog!

Saturday, September 29, 2012

DragonCon, a Must for Me Every Year!

Writing conferences and fan conferences can be fun and educational.  Every year I work at DragonCon in the Writers Track. DragonCon is a HUGE fan-based conference for fans of everything paranormal, from Harry Potter to Steam Punk to Star Trek fans. Fans of all things Sci-fi and Horror movies, comics, books or TV shows roam around in costumes. Modern vampires sip synthetic blood beside Dracula and his love for real blood. And there are workshops and panel discussions galore for a LONG weekend.


 I have been a fan of Carol Nelson Douglas for more than 20 years and now I know her very well!

 What can I say?
 Even fairies want to write stories and learn about marketing their tiny, magic books.


That little lady looks lost wandering the streets of Atlanta, Georgia.

More photos and comments will be on my personal blog later today! www.MaryMarvella.com.http://www.MaryMarvella.com

Tell us about your own favorite conferences. 

10 comments:

  1. Mary, this is such a cute post. Carol Nelson Douglas and I were in the same Sisters in Crime chapter in Fort Worth TX until I stopped attending meetings. Thanks for the smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caroline, that woman is a doll! I've known her since Midnight Louie was a kitten. (just kidding)

      Delete
  2. What a hoot! I think I would enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really would! It makes RWA National look like an intimate gathering.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed hanging out with you at DragonCon, Mary. I didn't even think to snap a photo of us, but maybe I didn't have the camera the day we had lunch.

    DragonCon was certainly a very interesting exxperience. I wondered how all those costumed folks were able to navigate in the bathroom stalls.

    I've been attending a lot of mystery conferences. Killer Nashville is one of my favs. I've also been to Malice Domestic, Bouchercon, and Sleuthfest. Last year I went to Writer's Police Academy which was very worthwhile. if you haven't tried that one, it is definitely worth it.

    Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie, meeting you was a treat! The guy got back to me and I met him Monday evening on the way home.

      Delete
  4. I miss DragonCon! I haven't been able to go since 2000 and have been upset every year that it goes by without me! Someday...

    Love the photos!

    Carpe Noctem,
    Des

    Author Desirée Lee
    Putting the Romance back in Necromancy
    http://www.desireelee.com
    des@desireelee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Des, it now encompasses 4 hotels for official meetings and workshops! Gotta come next year!

      Delete
  5. You look like having fun, lady. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was having a great time, Mona! Took tons more photos, too!

    ReplyDelete