Celebrate This Blog!

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Excitement of a New Release

Releasing a new book is always an exciting time, and being an indie author, I now experience this excitement more often. One of the things I love about having full control of publishing my own books is the freedom to set my own schedule. No longer do I have to go through the months of waiting that is inherent in traditional publishing.

I book my editor and cover artist well in advance so when my story is written it only takes a few weeks before I have it up for sale on Amazon. My patience with waiting for a traditional publisher to grind through the process is much less than it used to be. Although my latest experience of working with a traditional publisher is with Carina Press and they seem to be very efficient and bring books to publication much faster than other publishers I've worked with.

One of the other benefits of indie publishing is being able to choose to write whatever I want. This year, for the first time, I decided to write a Christmas story. I absolutely adore the cover my wonderful cover designer Su Kopil at Earthly Charms made for this book.

All I have to do now is work through the file I've just received back from my editor Pam Berehulke and A Family For Christmas should be live on Amazon by tomorrow night!

Find book by Helen Scott Taylor on Amazon. Many are only 99cents, including A Family for Christmas.


7 comments:

  1. Lovely cover,Helen. I'm sure it will sell tons of copies. But I'm surprised, isn't a Christmas story published around Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about release date and decided to put it out end of September. Most of the traditional publishers put out their Christmas stories any time from now until end of October. I imagine sales will drop off after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, I love a nice Christmas story. I will look forward to reading this one. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ready for some Christmas cheer! You always provide it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a sweet story!

    Morgan Mandel

    ReplyDelete