Celebrate This Blog!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I'm a Bargain Hunter. Are You? by Morgan Mandel


I'm a bargain hunter. I go to the grocery store on Wednesdays for double coupon days. Although I frequent local restaurants which offer reasonable prices, I also check flyers for dine-in or carryout deals. Even the phone book has coupons for pizza places and other spots. I love going to garage and rummage sales to find hidden treasures.

When I buy books, I'm the same way. Unless I know the author personally, More than $4.99 seems a lot to pay for a Kindle book. Most of my purchases are in the $2.99 to 99 cents range.

Print books? Again, I won't buy one unless written by a friend.

I know some of you will pay almost any price to get your hands on a book you're dying to read. That's a good thing, if you can afford to do that.

Still, I suspect there are many of you out there who are bargain hunters like me. That's why all of my Kindle books are at 99 cents, from my new novella, Her Handyman, to my longer novels, Forever Young: Blessing or Curse, Killer Career, Girl of My Dreams and Two Wrongs.

Her Handyman by
Morgan Mandel

Morgan Mandel
Many of you may have even downloaded Her Handyman for free during the recent promo days, and taken advantage of that bargain. If so, I hope you enjoyed the experience and would like to check out my other 99 cent books, while they're at that low price.

Enough commercials. I'm sure you'd rather read a book. (g)

Morgan Mandel
Amazon Author Page: http://amazon.com/author/morganmandel
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/morgansbooks



10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Her Handyman, though I'm not your typical romance reader. Good luck, Morgan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bob. Glad you enjoyed Her Handyman, though you usually don't read romances.

      Morgan Mandel
      http://www.morganmandel.com

      Delete
  2. Your books are great, no matter what price you assign. Thanks for making your books affordable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen. I'm so glad you like my books.

      Morgan Mandel
      http://www.morganmandel.com

      Delete
  3. I am definitely a bargain hunter! Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always happy to read a book by Morgan Mandel! Cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes. I love bargains. Low-cost and free ebooks feed my reading habit nicely, but I still buy print books too and not just from authors I know.

    I figure there are many worse ways I could be spending money! Reading is still one of the cheapest forms of entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me? Love bargains. It's sort of a game to see what I can find. And restaurant or fast-food coupons--they never go to waste at my house. Like you, I think more than $2.99 for an ebook is stretching it. Yet, the big girls can ask $8.99 for their ebooks...and get it. Their paperbacks are about the same price.
    99 cents books really are a big hit. Some think we're cheapening ourselves and the market...but I don't think that way. The lower the price, the more books all of us sell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh!!! I am a crazy bargain hunter!!! I buy used books a lot with store credit & coupons from online used book stores!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ladies, I understand! Guess who will buy Halloween candy a week after Halloween? Guess who will check 2 weeks and then 3 weeks after that same holiday for the bet bargains?

    About books, for now I'm loving free and cheap ebooks and a free books by authors I love!

    ReplyDelete