Celebrate This Blog!

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Improvement


We continuously try to improve in life, improve our health either because we have been sick or had surgery (as I had last week); improve our career by taking classes, seminars, and work harder until we get the coveted promotion; or improve the quality of life by taking a well -deserved break and vacation to relax and unwind. 

The same applies to our writing and our books. We want to do better, offer interesting stories to our readers and keep them buying more of our books, grab them with more attractive book cover and enticing titles. 

One of my books went through a real saga on its way to improvement.

From Greek Encounter to Her Greek Romance to Sailing with You and back to Her Greek Romance. The latest because of the recommendation of an expert in the matter and the work of an artist.

 
 
 
The professional cover.


HER GREEK ROMANCE  http://tinyurl.com/7xwp8eo
 
 

14 comments:

  1. You gave me the incentive to change a couple of my covers. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. Thanks Caroline. I take it as a compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess change is the only constant. Good luck with the new cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan, that what I keep telling myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Norah for the reassurance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post and I agree about improvement. I changed my book covers for both Fiona and Riley's Journey when I self-published and I am really pleased with both. Fiona was my first novel and before I self-published, I went in and really cleaned up the mistakes I made the first time - I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mona, I like "Her Greek Romance," as a title a lot. Good to see it's back. That's the luxury of self-publishing isn't it - that you can tweak your covers and do edits on your schedule.

    Smiles
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patsy, it's good to be satisfied with one's cover and title. It gives you self-confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Steph, I love the flexibility of indy publishing and Amazon in particular when it comes to do changes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked the other covers, but the new one is the best!

    Morgan Mandel
    http://www.morganmandel.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't have any problems with your first cover, BUT the newest one rocks.
    I agree that being able to go in and make changes to our Indie-pubbed books is awesome!

    I spent the weekend at the Georgia Romance Writers conference and WILL be making improvements!

    FYI
    FREEEEEE for Monday and Tuesday. Margo's Choice http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008M0U8CU
    See an excerpt
    www.pinkfuzzyslipperwriters.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Morgan, I did the first three. The last one was professionally done by an artist. I gave her my pictures and she put it together. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mary, I was in love with cover of Sailing with You. But I decided to be wise and accept the suggestions of a pro.

    ReplyDelete