Celebrate This Blog!

Friday, December 28, 2012

Ends and Beginnings and a Secret

My turn to blog about ending one year and beginning a new one.  I am working on a short story for an anthology and looking for style sheets for a new e-publishing company.  I'd love to tell you more about the name and such, but then I'd have to kill you. (Snort, I have always wanted to say that.)  

This year I have unmet goals, no big surprise. For years I unearthed my list of goals for the previous year and copied them onto my list of goals for the new year. I think I'll start new this year.  Though I didn't indie publish as many novels and novellas I had planned to, I did a lot more professional editing than I expected, a good thing.

I also "got the call" in the form of a text message.  Yep, on Sunday last week an editor I met at DragonCon, of all places, sent me a message that I could expect a contract on one of my novels that have been gathering dust for years. He has been reminding me for the last 2 years that I owed him a book. Well, I sent a manuscript, figuring it wouldn't be hot enough for him. My critique partners say I write erotica, but I don't really. This editor does and his publisher publishes a lot of it, sooo... (If you're wondering why I'm not giving names, it's because I haven't seen the contract yet and I don't want to jinx things.) So this year is ending well! And I can blog about it after I sign the contract and mention names!

About the publishing gig I mentioned...  I will be a partner, an acquiring editor, AND the final copy editor. HOW COOL IS THAT? So I should be working on our house style sheets and I will after I publish this blog. If you have a good one, feel free to share, since I will incorporate my preferences with those of the company president. We will meet tomorrow to work on that. And I will blog about what we publish, AND our anthology, AND the company website, AND our launch! Loved using all those ANDs!

So, 2012 is ending with a bang, and 2013 will launch with a much bigger BANG, a huge BANG!!!!!!

Crap, I need to update my website, too!
 MaryMarvella.com
My author page on amazon.com
 http://amzn.to/NexlRR

So, what do you think of my news? Would you be screaming and dancing 6 days later? I am!


24 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Mary! Sounds like you will be having a very busy and productive time in the near future!

    Morgan Mandel
    http://www.morganmandel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Morgan, I expect to need my calendar and a daytimer and a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, Mary! WTG. You're starting 2013 with a bang. I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're hilarious! And I'll save my congratulations for when you've actually signed the contract -- I also don't want to jinx stuff.

    But congrats on the publishing gig! Very cool! Hope you have a Happy New Year and I'll see you at the next GRW meeting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Mary. As to those unmet goals, *LOL*, I guess we all have those. Thank goodness, we have a New Year to try to realize those we wish to keep working toward.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you can relate, Joan. I met foals I didn't even have. We get a new start!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Melanie! Happy New Year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad I could make you laugh, B. There will be more news at the GRW meeting! May wonderful things happen for you in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, I'm thrilled for you! You go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Edie. I am still wiggling with excitement!

      Delete
  9. Mary, CONGRATULATIONS. That's a wonderful way to finish the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mona, it means I have a lot of work ahead, but work is good!

      Delete
  10. Wonderful news! Can't wait to hear more. so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary, Congratulations on achieving so much this year, with things looking bright for 2013! I'll be watching for the "secret" to spill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caroline. I'll have more info later.

      Delete
  12. Mary, I'm so, so pleased for you! You have persisted and worked hard for all the years I've known you! Congratulations and big, big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have worked,Judy, but so have you! It's gonna happen for both of us! HUGS back!

      Delete
  13. So happy for you, MM, and so well-deserved. Sincere congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, so much Joanne. 2013 is gonna be your year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Mary. You're going to be one busy girl in 2013. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Barbara, you might just be right!

      Delete