Celebrate This Blog!

Friday, December 21, 2012

The Scents of Christmas are in the Air by: Stephanie Burkhart

Yankee Candle Flagship Store So. Deerfield, MA 



Growing up as a young girl in New England, I remember the scents of nature. The sweet smell of Lilacs remind me of spring and my grandmother. Crisp, salty scents remind me of Hampton Beach in the summer. Apple pie brings back the scents of Autumn. And Pine. Pine and bayberry remind me of Christmas.

Sometimes I think we overlook scent, especially in real life, but coming from New England, I gained a healthy appreciation for scents.

I live in California now and it's very different here than it is in New England for Christmas. For one? No snow. The temperatures range from 50-80's and there's plenty of sun as opposed to plenty of gray skies.

Thank goodness for Yankee Candle! I love Yankee Candle because their Christmas scents make me believe Christmas is right around the corner in Castaic, CA. My favorites include:

Holiday Garland
Home for the Holidays
Christmas Cookie
Bayberry

The flagship store for Yankee Candle is So. Deerfield, Massachusetts. I've been there a couple of times and I love it. I remember there's a place to make your own tapered candles, and it's Christmas all year round. There's a Bavarian Christmas Village complete with an automated Oompah Band and Coffee Haus. My favorite is the Black Forest room with the model train displays.

I guess the heart of my blog today is about "ambience." Yankee Candles capture the ambience of Christmas in my heart. Christmas is a time for hope, joy, love, and faith and my 99 cent stories strive to capture the ambience and emotions of the seasons.

Christmas in Bayeux: 99 cent contemporary romance. 

Blurb: Aiden travels to Bayeux, France to meet an old friend, Noel. Can she help heal his wounded heart?

Opening Line: A light dusting of snow covered the Renault's window.

4, 5 Star Amazon Reviews:
This was just a wonderful and heart warming read. - Markee Anderson


FEAST OF CANDLES:

99 cent spicy contemporary romance.
BLURB: Drake takes the biggest chance of his life all because of a bottle of wine. Can he breakthrough the battlements surrounding Lily's lonely heart?

Small Excerpt:

He stared into her eyes, keeping his hand on her waist. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing." She hesitated. "Everything. You..." her voice trailed off. Silence grew between them. God, what had she been thinking? Was it possible to have a future 5 with him?
5 Stars, Loves Romance Reviews:
The ending with the feast of candles is so romantic, you'll want your own.

BUY LINK:



QUESTION: What's your favorite Christmas/Holiday scent.

Author Bio: Stephanie Burkhart is a 911 Dispatcher for LAPD. She lives in Castaic, CA and loves chocolate along with a good, hearty French Roast from Starbucks. Every Christmas Eve she tracks Santa's sleigh ride on Norad with her boys.

FIND ME ON THE WEB AT:

WEBSITE:

TWITTER:

FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/StephanieBurkhartAuthor

GOOD READS:

YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/botrina?feature=mhee

PINTEREST:
http://pinterest.com/sgburkhart/

Flagship Photo: Attribution: Slovakjoe at Wikipedia. They do not endorse this blog or this blog post. 

13 comments:

  1. Stephanie, you're so right about those special Christmasy scents. Love Bayberry.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan,
    Happy Holidays! Thanks for popping in.
    Smiles
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, I love Christmas scents. One of them I remember well from my years in Boston is the scent of cinnamon from a hot punch we made at Christmas. And the smell of the crisp cold air when you open the door of your warm cozy house to see the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mona, I love cinnamon. It's a definate Christmas scent!
      Smiles
      Steph

      Delete
  4. Ohh, I love candles, and snow and Christmas. I love Yankee Candle too. Around here we have a local candle shop, Warm Glow and ohhhhh, the scents, the store. Crap, I gotta go shopping now. Thanks Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, LOL!! Take me with you!
      Smiles
      Steph

      Delete
  5. Delores Goodrick BeggsDecember 21, 2012 at 5:57 PM

    I have always loved my bayberry candles, which I light every December. There's something special for me in the bayberry scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same for me Delores. Bayberry is Christmas. Can't have Christmas without my bayberry!
      Smiles
      Steph

      Delete
  6. I love bayberry and cinnamon. I bought extras after Christmas last year. Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie, lovely post. I didn't know about the place where Yankee Candles are produced. Must smell amazing! Scents are a large part of Christmas for me, too. I love the candle Sugar Cookies because baking is also a large part of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caroline, Sugar Cookies sounds like a perfect baking scent.
      Smiles
      Steph

      Delete
  8. I love the aroma of pine, also apple pie and good food! About Yankee Candles - I have quite a collection also!

    Morgan Mandel
    http://www.morganmandel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something about Yankee Candles that's fun about them, isn't there?

      Smiles
      Steph

      Delete