Celebrate This Blog!

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Tis the Season


“Tis the season to be jolly.”  We’ve had some ups and downs in 2012 but we did survive the Mayan Calendar doomsayers. 
 
 
I love Christmas, every jingle bell and every fattening treat.  My collection of Santas grows every year.  This addition this year is a ceramic Santa with blinking lights inside.  

My stockings are handmade, they hang by the tree. Husband is happy, he got a 60” big screen TV.  

Dinner this year will be prime rib.  A restaurant nearby (Rae Dean’s) prepares it for me, all I have to do is shove it in the oven and pay attention to the time.  Dad bakes the pies and he gets better each year.  Momma is wheelchair bound and feels useless, but I feel blessed she is still here with us. 

My granddaughter adds the childish wonder that makes Christmas such a delight.  This year, instead of the Festival of Lights, we took her to Bethlehem, a marketplace put on by a local church which was a truly clever and fun way to portray the birth of Christ.  She got to spend her (fake) gold coins and made sure we had our papers at all times so the Roman soldiers didn’t take us away. 

I haven’t lost the wonder of Christmas.  No “bah, humbugs” for me!  From my house to yours, Merry Christmas and may next year be the best one ever.

P.L. Parker is the author of two 99 cent ebooks, Riley's Journey and Fiona.

Buy Links:  http://www.amazon.com/Rileys-Journey-ebook/dp/B005SV26KS/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1356209012&sr=1-1&keywords=riley%27s+journey+by+p.+l.+parker
http://www.amazon.com/Fiona-ebook/dp/B005SV2838/ref=pd_sim_kstore_2




5 comments:

  1. What a cute Santa collection! I like the idea of someone else preparing dinner. We get Chinese carryout. That way everyone gets what they want!

    Merry Christmas!

    Morgan Mandel
    http://www.morganmandel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you as well Morgan. I don't really mind fixing, the organization is the worst for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patsy, Merry Christmas to you. Your day sounds nice, with family all around. Ours is quiet, with our two daughters, my husband, and me. Well, not too quiet, as our eldest daughter brought her three large dogs with her. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three large dogs will definitely bring some excitement I'm thinking. Merry Christmas Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this blog! I love Christmas! My inner kid would loved the Bethlehem thing!

    I had Christmas dinner with a friend and saw my sibs and sibs-in-law and my daughter and her hon last night for my Christmas! It was lovely!

    ReplyDelete